This Thursday, June 6, Panorama Framing will again be hosting an Art Opening Event; June 6th also marks the second installment of “First Thursdays on Grand”, with other gallery events and many, many merchant specials and offerings!
To see what’s in store for you as you stroll up and down Grand Avenue, head on over to GrandAvenueFirstThursdays.com — or stop on by Panorama and read the list in person. 🙂
Word on the street is that our neighbor The Red Whale will be having an open house on June 6th (in conjunction with the First Thursdays) and some open bottles of California wine… Come say hello to them as they finish building out their shop!
Panorama continues its “First Thursday” nights with its next Art Show Opening event: featuring resin & oil paintings by Oakland artist Kevin Keul. Join us on Thursday, June 6 from 6-9PM, to celebrate the show with Kevin and Panorama!
“The Lost Toys” series deals on multiple levels with the idea of being lost. Each work begins as a painting on canvas, and then is cut out and glued onto thin plywood. From there the piece is coated in a thick clear resin, to emulate the high gloss texture of toys. Finally, the resin-coated painting is inlayed into a painted flat white panel. The juxtaposition in textures reiterates the notion of not belonging, or: feeling “Lost”.
Come to The Gallery at Panorama Framing from 6:00-9:00PM on June 6, meet the artist, enjoy beverages & snacks, and maybe find a piece to fall in love with and take home. 🙂 “The Lost Toys” will be available for viewing the the Gallery through June.
Panorama Framing continues its custom framing special offer, with 20% off of custom framing when you frame a piece (or pieces!) of artwork by a featured artist in our Gallery. How cool is that?!
Ceramics and other Functional Art for sale: Rounding out the storefront and gallery space, Panorama is showing work by several local artists & artisans. We hope to feature more, but do make sure to take a look at:
- Sara Paloma‘s handmade wheel-thrown stoneware, whose clean lines call to mind the shapes and silhouettes of both our urban landscape & nearby mountain peaks and valleys;
- Kylix Design‘s hand-poured, slip cast ceramic works which replicate on a large scale mechanical fasteners (nuts & bolts), accentuating their sculptural qualities; Also featured is Kylix’s “Superman” sculpture (worth seeing!);
- Kevin Berne‘s ever-evolving series of photographic art cards;
- A long bench from Lawrence Gandsey‘s “Seismic Seating” series;
- Silkscreens & posters from Casa Murriguez, the Victory Garden of Tomorrow, and letterpress prints by Lisa Rappoport;
- Notecards and small prints by Momoko Sudo.
All art pieces are available for purchase!
End-Notes: Panorama Framing is open Wednesday through Sunday, with other days available by appointment! We look forward to seeing you at our third Art Show opening on June 6, 2013: Kevin Keul’s “The Lost Toys”, on view through June. 🙂
Panorama Framing‘s storefront is at 3350 Grand Avenue, right next to Mischer Chocolates and up the street from Boot & Shoe Service. Call Panorama at (510) 629-1918 & ask for Patrick, or visit Panorama’s friendly Web site at: http://www.panoramaframing.com
Thanks for listening, and we hope to see you soon!
Patrick (& the rest of the Panorama Framing, Inc. crew)